Welcome to Atlanta! Our team of local experts are here to help guide you through the home-buying process. Whether you're looking for your dream home, starter home, or investment properties we are committed to help guide you with ease throughout the entire buying process. We understand the needs and concerns of our buyer clients, let our dedicated team of Realtors help reach your goals!
HOW TO GET PREPARED TO BUY A HOME WITHIN A YEAR
- Financial Obligations - In order to purchase property, your finances must be in order. Pull your credit reports and see if there's anything that may make your process difficult. If theres any past dues, late payments, etc., call the creditors to have those items removed. Eliminate debts, improve your credit score, and building up an adequate amount of savings for a down payment. Make sure you've filed your taxes. Mortgage companies will need at least 2 years of your tax returns. These items are crucial to how smooth your home buying process will be. Once your finances are in order, you're off and running!
- Getting Pre-Approved - The first OFFICIAL step in the buying process is getting pre-approved for a home loan. With pre-approval, the buyer actually applies for a mortgage and receives a gaurantee in writing from the lender that tells you how much funds the bank will lend you for your purchase. Sellers will immediately know you're a serious potential buyer if you've been pre-approved. You'll also avoid being disappointed when going after homes that are out of your price range once you know your max amount. Pre-approval is the FIRST step, be sure to get yours!
- Representation by a Professional...US! - As a buyer, we work for you, not the seller. Our clients work with us because of our negotiation skills. We are here to work on your behalf BEFORE you go under contract and we will continue negotiating on your behalf, for your best interests, until the day of closing.
- List of Needs & Desires - A great idea is to have 2 lists. The first list should include all your must haves (# of bedrooms, bath rooms, yard size, etc.). The second list is your wish list, the things you'd love to have but are not absolutely necessary (pool, basment, 3 car garage, etc.). Realistically for first-time home buyers you may not get everything on your wish list, but identifying the difference between your needs and desires, will definitely keep you on track during your search.
- Other Home Buying Costs to Expect - Home Inspections, Cost of Home Appraisal, Repairs, Home Warranty, Closing Costs, Unexpected Fees associated with Loan
Looking to Buy a Home? We'd love to hear more from you and schedule a Buyer's Consultation. Feel out the form below and/or contact us directly, whichever works best!